My father recieved a phone call saying he won 500,000 and the "consumer protection bureu" was goping to ensure everything went smoothly.they have a legit "looking" website with pictures of 8 American Attourneys that work for this bureu to protect Americans against lottery and sweepstakes fraud.

I notice the address they had listed was a very strange - 7819 Fitzergard Ct Richmond, VA 23228 When i googled this website, auto correct changed "Fitzergard" to "Fitzgerald" making it an actually address. The actual address they have in contact infromation does not exist. I then called them at (888)204-7691, the man that answered went by a name listed under the attourneys pictures. He told me the spelling of the address as Fitzgerald, and thanked me for find the typo on their website.

He then began to tell me that he was an attourney in Virginia and a Government employee, yet there website is a .com adress. I questioned him on this and his reason was because they also deal with savings bonds and banking. My father was told he could pay to wire the money to him or pick it up in person in Richmond, VA (my father lives in michigan). Once they found out I lived within 100 miles of Richmond, VA the prize had to be picked up in Harrison, Nevada.

FTC.GOV -Federal Trade Commission contact them and report all fraud, to help everyone. I find its beyond sicking that someone went out of their was to pose as a "federal consumer protection company" to fight against fraud, AND THEY ARE THE FRAUD. NEVER SEND ANYONE MONEY!!!

IF THEY CLAIM YOU WON TELL THEM THEY CAN TAKE THERE TRANSFER FEE OUT OF YOUR WINNINGS!-Ashley

Had an Experience with Consumer Protection Bureu?

Comments

THATS FOR SURE JASON HALL IS A FAKE THIS IS HIS PHONE NUMBER 1-703 997 9701. HE IS FAKE DONT SEND HIM A DIME.

Winchester, Virginia, United States #745496

This scam is as old as the hills. You are to be applauded for not falling for this scam and attempting to get the word out.